Re: Luminous, RGW bucket resharding

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Andreas Calminder
<andreas.calminder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> With release 12.2.2 dynamic resharding bucket index has been disabled
> when running a multisite environment
> (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21725). Does this mean that resharding
> of bucket indexes shouldn't be done at all, manually, while running
> multisite as there's a risk of corruption?

You will need to stop the sync on the bucket before doing the
resharding and start it again after the resharding completes.
It will start a full sync on the bucket (it doesn't mean we copy the
objects but we go over on all of them to check if the need to be
synced).
We will automate this as part of the reshard admin command in the next
Luminous release.

> Also, as dynamic bucket resharding was/is the main motivator moving to
> Luminous (for me at least) is dynamic reshardning something that is
> planned to be fixed for multisite environments later in the Luminous
> life-cycle or will it be left disabled forever?

We are planning to enable it in Luminous time.

Regards,
Orit