Re: features required for live migration

Thanks a lot for all your comments,

If you don't see any problem... I will enable the following features that might fit my requirements:

Layering
Striping
Exclusive locking
Object map
Fast-diff

Thanks a lot
Óscar Segarra

From the documentation [1]:

shareable
If present, this indicates the device is expected to be shared between domains (assuming the hypervisor and OS support this), which means that caching should be deactivated for that device.

Basically, it's the use-case for putting a clustered file system (or similar) on top of the block device. For the vast majority of cases, you shouldn't enable this in libvirt.