Re: To check RBD cache enabled

Hi Josy,

this is correct.

Just make sure that your current user as well as the user for your VMs (if you are using a VM environment) are allowed to write to this directory.

Also make sure that /var/run/ceph exists.

Once you have fixed the permissions problem and made sure that the path where you want to create the socket file exists it will be OK.

Note that the socket file can be created anywhere. So you could actually position the parameter as admin_socket = “./my-client.asok” just for the purpose of a test

Regards
JC Lopez
Senior Technical Instructor, Global Storage Consulting Practice
Red Hat, Inc.
jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx
+1 408-680-6959