Re: Bucket resharding: "radosgw-admin bi list" ERROR

Sure thing!
I noted the new and old bucket instance id.

backup the bucket metadata
# radosgw-admin --cluster ceph-prod metadata get
bucket:1001/large_bucket > large_bucket.metadata.bak.json

# cp large_bucket.metadata.bak.json large_bucket.metadata.patched.json

set bucket_id in large_bucket.metadata.patched.json to the new bucket
instance id and replace the metadata in the bucket with
large_bucket.metadata.patched.json
# radosgw-admin --cluster ceph-prod metadata put
bucket:1001/large_bucket < large_bucket.metadata.patched.json

verify that bucket_id has been updated
# radosgw-admin --cluster ceph-prod metadata get bucket:1001/large_bucket

Try and access some objects in the updated bucket read/write, note
that any write operations at this point will still be slow as the old
instance id still have a large index, at least our cluster behaved
like that. Then purge the index from the old bucket instance id
#  radosgw-admin --cluster ceph-prod bi purge --bucket
1001/large_bucket --bucket-id old_bucket_instance_id

After that write operations against the index went smooth.

As said before, I didn't care about the data in the bucket at all, the
above steps is potentially dangerous and flat out wrong. But..
worksforme(tm)

/andreas