Re: Ceph packages for Debian Stretch?

Hello,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:15:26 +0200 Fabian Grünbichler wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 05:30:02PM +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:47:08 +0200 (CEST) Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Proxmox is maintening a ceph-luminous repo for stretch
> > >
> > > http://download.proxmox.com/debian/ceph-luminous/
> > >

> > > git is here, with patches and modifications to get it work
> > > https://git.proxmox.com/?p=ceph.git;a=summary
> > >
> > While this is probably helpful for the changes needed, my quest is for
> > Jewel (really all supported builds) for Stretch.
> > And not whenever Luminous gets released, but within the next 10 days.
>
> I think you should be able to just backport the needed commits from
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19884 on top of v10.2.7, bump the version
> in debian/changelog and use dpkg-buildpackage (or wrapper of your
> choice) to rebuild the packages. Building takes a while though ;)
>
> Alternatively use the slightly outdated stock Debian packages (based on
> 10.2.5 with slightly deviating packaging and the patches in [1]) and
> switch over to the official ones when they are available.

That's what I'm doing now of course, but was hoping to get to 10.2.7
before this cluster goes into production.

At least it seems that Jewel is at least on the backport list, so I'll
just twiddle my thumbs for the time being as I simply don't have the time
to hand-hold more FLOSSy bits.

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Rakuten Communications