Re: Ceph Performance

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Fuxion Cloud <fuxioncloud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Im newbie in ceph technology. We have ceph deployed by vendor 2 years ago with Ubuntu 14.04LTS without fine tuned the performance. I noticed that the performance of storage is very slow. Can someone please help to advise how to  improve the performance?

You really need to provide a bit more information than that. Like what hardware is involved (CPU, RAM, how many nodes, how many OSDs, what kind of disks, what size disks, networking hardware), how you use ceph (RBD, RGW, CephFS, plain RADOS object storage).

Outputs of

ceph status
ceph osd tree
ceph df

also provide useful information.

Also what does "slow performance" mean - how have you determined that (throughout, latency)?

Any changes or configuration require for OS kernel?

Regards,
James