Re: Adding a new rack to crush map without pain?

Hi Matthew,

I would expect the osd_crush_location parameter to take effect from the OSD activation. Maybe ceph-ansible would have info there?
A work around might be “set noin”, restart all the OSDs once the ceph.conf includes the crush location and enjoy the automatic CRUSHmap update (if you have osd crush update on start = true).

Cheers,
Maxime