Re: FreeBSD port net/ceph-devel released

On 31-3-2017 17:32, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> Hi Willem Jan,
>
>> Op 30 maart 2017 om 13:56 schreef Willem Jan Withagen
>> <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that my efforts to port to FreeBSD have
>> resulted in a ceph-devel port commit in the ports tree.
>>
>> https://www.freshports.org/net/ceph-devel/
>>

> Awesome work! I don't touch FreeBSD that much, but I can imagine that
> people want this.
>
> Out of curiosity, does this run on ZFS under FreeBSD? Or what
> Filesystem would you use behind FileStore with this? Or does
> BlueStore work?

Since I'm a huge ZFS fan, that is what I run it on.
To be honest I have not tested on UFS, but I would expect that the xattr
are not long enough.

BlueStore is not (yet) available because there is a different AIO
implementation on FreeBSD. But Sage thinks it is very doable to glue in
posix AIO. And one of my port reviewers has offered to look at it. So it
could be that BlueStore will be available in the foreseeable future.

--WjW