Re: Ceph OSD network with IPv6 SLAAC networks?

> Op 30 maart 2017 om 20:13 schreef Richard Hesse <richard.hesse@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Thanks for the reply Wido! How do you handle IPv6 routes and routing with
> IPv6 on public and cluster networks? You mentioned that your cluster
> network is routed, so they will need routes to reach the other racks. But
> you can't have more than 1 default gateway. Are you running a routing
> protocol to handle that?

I don't. These clusters run without a public nor cluster network. Each host has 1 IP-Address.

I rarely use public/cluster networks as they don't add anything for most systems. 20Gbit of bandwidth per node is more then enough in most cases and my opinion is that multiple IPs per machine only add complexity.

Wido