Re: radosgw leaking objects

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 2:08 AM, Marius Vaitiekunas
<mariusvaitiekunas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Luis Periquito <periquito@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> But wasn't that what orphans finish was supposed to do?
>>

> orphans finish only removes search results from a log pool.

Right. The tool isn't removing objects (yet), because we wanted to
have more confidence in the tool before having it automatically
deleting all the found objects. The process currently is to manually
move these objects to a different backup pool (via rados cp, rados
rm), then when you're confident that no needed data was lost in the
process remove the backup pool. In the future we'll automate that.

Yehuda