Re: Manual deep scrub

On 01/17/2017 09:21 PM, David Turner wrote:

Looking through the additional osd config options for scrubbing show a couple options that can prevent a PG from scrubbing immediately.

osd_scrub_during_recovery - default true - If false, no new scrub can be scheduled while their is active recovery.

I will check this setting tomorrow, but i am pretty sure that's it still set to the default value. Our cluster was most of the time today in a healthy state.

osd_scrub_load_threshold - default 0.5 - Ceph will not scrub when the system load is higher than this number.

osd_scrub_load_threshold seems like a likely cause of what you are seeing.

This one was also on my list, so i upped this to 5.0 on all OSDs for a brief moment and still nothing happened. But i did not check if the 'copy OSD's' where below 5 at that moment.

--
Regards,

Richard.