Re: Manual deep scrub

On 01/17/2017 04:09 PM, David Turner wrote:

Hi,

You want to look into the settings osd_max_scrubs which indicates how many different scrub operations an OSD can be involved in at once

That's still the default, thus 1. A pg that i wanted to deep-scrub this afternoon, should be done by an OSD that was not doing another deep-scrub. Also that OSD was not busy with anything else. So to my knowledge, the deep-scrub should start.

(the well chosen default is 1), as well as osd_scrub_max_interval and osd_deep_scrub_interval.  One of the differences in your cluster from before to now is time.

It might be that you're PGs are running into their max interval and forcing to scrub now which is interfering with your script.  We also manage our deep scrubs with a cron and have set our osd_deep_scrub_scrub interval to longer than it will take our cron to go through all of the PGs so that they will never automatically deep scrub themselves.

We are doing the same in our cluster, i also set the the osd_deep_scrub_interval to a high value. The normal scrub intervals (osd_scrub_min_interval and osd_scrub_max_interval) are set to the defaults (1 day and 1 week).

--
Regards,

Richard.