failing to respond to capability release, mds cache size?

I’ve just had one of my cephfs servers showing an “mdsY: Client XXXXX failing to respond to capability release” error. The client in question was acting strange, not allowing deleting files, etc. The issue was cleared by restarting the affected server. I see there have been a few posts about this – perhaps related to mds cache size. Does anyone know if there is some tuning that can be done to prevent this from happening? Or is this a bug? I do have plenty of RAM available to increase mds cache size if necessary – it’s currently just left at the default value. Is there a tuning guide for MDS? I can’t seem to find any recommendations in the docs.

The cluster is running ceph 10.2.5 and I’m using the kernel cephfs client (kernel version 4.9.0). Things I’ve already investigated:

·         Log files (kernel, syslog, etc) – nothing unusual at all

·         Historical graphs of CPU, Memory, Network, etc – nothing unusual, plenty of resources available

·         Historical graphs of overall cluster load/IO – nothing out of the ordinary