Ceph Blog Articles

Hi All,

I've recently put together some articles around some of the performance testing I have been doing.

The first explores the high level theory behind latency in a Ceph infrastructure and what we have managed to achieve.

http://www.sys-pro.co.uk/ceph-write-latency/

The second explores some of results we got from trying to work out how much CPU a Ceph IO uses.

http://www.sys-pro.co.uk/how-many-mhz-does-a-ceph-io-need/

I hope they are of interest to someone.

I'm currently working on a couple more explaining the choices behind the hardware that got us 700us write latency and what we
finally built.

Nick