Re: 6 Node cluster with 24 SSD per node: Hardwareplanning/ agreement

Hi Matteo,

I would maybe try and look at the higher core count 1600's, they might give you a bit more total performance as you will need it for NVME. I recently did some testing on how much Mhz each Ceph IO roughly needs.

http://www.sys-pro.co.uk/how-many-mhz-does-a-ceph-io-need/

The figure will probably vary significantly depending on several factors, but might be handy for a rough guide.

You might also want to see if you can get your hands on any of them 25/50/100GB networking stuff. They are clocked a lot faster than the 10/40GB products so will likely help with latency.

A 128GB ram may also be an overkill, although extra ram is always nice, for 8TB of storage, 16GB is probably a sufficient amount.

> - 3 x MON:
> • 1x Intel E5-1630v4
> • 64GB RAM
> • 2 x Intel S3510 SSD