Re: Ceph Blog Articles

Hi Nick, I found the graph very useful explaining the concept. thx for sharing.

I'm currently planning to setup a new cluster and wanted to get low
latency by using,

2U server,
6xIntel P3700 400GB for journal and
18x1.8TB Hitachi Spinning 10k SAS. My OSD:Journal ratio would be 3:1.
All over 10Gbit copper network. For CPU I'm thinking of E5-2667v4
(Single socket, 8 cores, 3.2Ghz)
Replica size=3, and 5 hosts.

Do you think it is possible to get a low direct sync write latency
3-5ms-avg with a configuration like this, or would the spinning drives
actually slow down this whole design? thx will