forward cache mode support?

Hey,

trying to activate forward mode for cache pool results in "Error EPERM: 'forward' is not a well-supported cache mode and may corrupt your data. pass --yes-i-really-mean-it to force."

Change for this message was introduced few months ago and I didn't manage to find reason for that? Were there cases of data corruption or it's just because some forwarded ops may fail (e.g. rewrite on EC)? Also there are examples in docs of forward mode use before deactivating pool, etc. So how bad it is?

I want to use it to forward CephFS writes to EC pool (sequential writes, no rewrites).