Question about last_backfill

Hi, everyone.

In the PGLog::merge_log method, pg log entries in "olog" are inserted into current PGLog's "missing" structure only when they have "version" larger than current PGLog's head and its target object has "soid" less than current pg info's last_backfill. What does "last_backfill" in pg_info_t mean? Is it the max object id that the pg possessed after the last recovery_backfill process? If so, why only objects with "soid" less than "last_backfill" is considered missing, what if new objects are created by the current osd and modified by other osd during the current osd was "out" or "down"?

I'm really confused about this, please help me, thank you:-)