Re: cache tiering deprecated in RHCS 2.0

Hello,

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 11:49:15 +0200 Dietmar Rieder wrote:

> On 10/24/2016 03:10 AM, Christian Balzer wrote:
>
> [...]
> > There are several items here and I very much would welcome a response from
> > a Ceph/RH representative.
> >
> > 1. Is that depreciation only in regards to RHCS, as Nick seems to hope?
> > Because I very much doubt that, why develop code you just "removed" from
> > your milk cow?
> >
> > 2. Is that the same kind of depreciation as with the format 1 RBD images,
> > as in, will there be a 5 year window where this functionality is NOT
> > removed from the code base and a clear, seamless and non-disruptive
> > upgrade path?
> >

> Let me add one more point:
>
> How will this affect situations in which one has cephfs on EC pools
> (which demand a cache tier in front)?

Read the very recent "Does anyone know why cephfs do not support EC pool?"
thread.

Clearly _that_ part requiring cache-tiers is going to be addressed/removed
with the L or K release.

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/