Merging CephFS data pools

Hi,

the current setup for CephFS at our site uses two data pools due to different requirements in the past. I want to merge these two pools now, eliminating the second pool completely.

I've written a small script to locate all files on the second pool using their file layout attributes and replace them with a copy on the correct pool. This works well for files, but modifies the timestamps of the directories. Do you have any idea for a better solution that does not modify timestamps and plays well with active CephFS clients (e.g. no problem with files being used)? A simple 'rados cppool' probably does not work since the pool id/name is part of a file's metadata and client will not be aware of moved files.....

Regards,
Burkhard