Re: installing multi osd and monitor of ceph in single VM

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:45 AM, agung Laksono <agung.smarts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've seen the Ansible before  but not in detail for that.
> I also have tried to run quick guide for development.
> It did not work on my VM that I already install ceph inside it.
>
> the error is :
>
>  agung@arrasyid:~/ceph/ceph/src$ ./vstart.sh -d -n -x
> ** going verbose **
> [./fetch_config /tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818]
> ./init-ceph: failed to fetch config with './fetch_config
> /tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818'
>

> Do I need to use a vanilla ceph to make vstart.sh work?
>
> When I learn a cloud system, usually I compile
> the source code,  run in pseudo-distributed, modify the code
> and add prints somewhere, recompile and re-run the system.
> Might this method work for exploring ceph?

It should, sure.

Try this.

1) Clone a fresh copy of the repo.
2) ./do_cmake.sh
3) cd build
4) make
5) OSD=3 MON=3 MDS=1 ../src/vstart.sh -n -x -l
6) bin/ceph -s

That should give you a working cluster with 3 MONs, 3 OSDs and 1 MDS.

--
Cheers,
Brad