Re: installing multi osd and monitor of ceph in single VM

I've seen the Ansible before  but not in detail for that.
I also have tried to run quick guide for development.
It did not work on my VM that I already install ceph inside it.

the error is :

 agung@arrasyid:~/ceph/ceph/src$ ./vstart.sh -d -n -x
** going verbose **
[./fetch_config /tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818]
./init-ceph: failed to fetch config with './fetch_config /tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818'

Do I need to use a vanilla ceph to make vstart.sh work?

When I learn a cloud system, usually I compile
the source code,  run in pseudo-distributed, modify the code
and add prints somewhere, recompile and re-run the system.
Might this method work for exploring ceph?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:26 AM, agung Laksono <agung.smarts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ceph users,
>
> I am new in ceph. I've been succeed installing ceph in 4 VM using Quick
> installation guide in ceph documentation.
>
> And I've also done to compile
> ceph from source code, build and install in single vm.
>
> What I want to do next is that run ceph multiple nodes in a cluster
> but only inside a single machine. I need this because I will
> learn the ceph code and will modify some codes, recompile and
> redeploy on the node/VM. On my study, I've also to be able to run/kill
> particular node.
>
> does somebody know how to configure single vm to run multiple osd and
> monitor of ceph?
>
> Advises and comments are very appreciate. thanks

Hi,

Did you see this?

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/hammer/dev/quick_guide/#running-a-development-deployment

Also take a look at the AIO (all in one) options in ceph-ansible.

HTH,
Brad

--
Cheers,