Re: Best practices for extending a ceph cluster with minimal client impact data movement

> Op 9 augustus 2016 om 17:44 schreef Martin Palma <martin@xxxxxxxx>:
>

> Hi Wido,
>
> thanks for your advice.

Just keep in mind, you should update the CRUSHMap in one big bang. The cluster will be calculating and peering for 1 or 2 min and afterwards you should see all PGs active+X.

Then the waiting game starts, get coffee, some sleep and wait for it to finish.

By throttling recovery you prevent this to become slow for the clients.

Wido