Re: Fast Ceph a Cluster with PB storage

I want to use Ceph only as  user data storage.
user program writes data to a folder that is mounted on a Ceph.
Virtual machine images are not stored on the Сeph.
Fiber channel and 40GbE  are used only for the rapid transmission of information between the cluster Ceph and the virtual machine on oVirt.
In this scheme I can use oVirt?

What kind of OSes do you use on the guests? If it's linux then it's better to directly use RBD (in case of per VM dedicated storage) or CephFS (if the storage has to be shared) right inside of the guest, if it's windows - export CephFS with Samba. And I believe you definetely want to use 40GbE or Infiniband instead of FC.

guests - Windows
I found the project
https://github.com/ketor/ceph-dokan

I need to be used CephFS and therefore MDS will need...

--
Александр Пивушков.