Re: pg scrub and auto repair in hammer

Am 27.06.2016 um 02:14 schrieb Christian Balzer:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 19:48:18 +0200 Stefan Priebe wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any option or chance to have auto repair of pgs in hammer?
>>
> Short answer:
> No, in any version of Ceph.
>
> Long answer:
> There are currently no checksums generated by Ceph and present to
> facilitate this.

Yes but if you have a replication count of 3 ceph pg repair was always
working for me since bobtail. I've never seen corrupted data.

> If you'd run BTRFS or ZFS with filestore you'd be closer to an automatic
> state of affairs, as these filesystems do strong checksums and check them
> on reads and would create an immediate I/O error if something got
> corrupted, thus making it clear which OSD is in need of the hammer of
> healing.

Yes but at least BTRFS is still not working for ceph due to
fragmentation. I've even tested a 4.6 kernel a few weeks ago. But it
doubles it's I/O after a few days.

Greets,
Stefan