Re: ceph not replicating to all osds

Hi,

I am new to Ceph and most of the concepts are new.

image mounted on nodeA, FS is XFS

sudo mkfs.xfs  /dev/rbd/data/data_01

sudo mount /dev/rbd/data/data_01 /mnt

cluster_master@nodeB:~$ mount|grep rbd
/dev/rbd0 on /mnt type xfs (rw)

Basically I need a way to write on nodeA, mount the same image on nodeB and be able to write on either of the nodes, Data should be repilcated to both but I see on the logs for both osd, data is only stored on one.

I am busy looking at CEPHFS

thanks for the assistance.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:00:42 +0200 Ishmael Tsoaela wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> Anyone can help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Your subject line has nothing to do with your "problem".

You're alluding to OSD replication problems, obviously assuming that one
client would write to OSD A and the other client reading from OSD B.
Which is not how Ceph works, but again, that's not your problem.

> I have created an  image on one client and mounted it on both 2 client I
> have setup.

Details missing, but it's pretty obvious that you created a plain FS like
Ext4 on that image.

> When I write data on one client, I cannot access the data on another
> client, what could be causing this issue?

This has cropped up here frequently, you're confusing replicated BLOCK
storage like RBD or DRBD with shared file systems like NFS of CephFS.

EXT4 and other normal FS can't do that and you just corrupted your FS on
that image.

So either use CephFS or run OCFS2/GFS2 on your shared image and clients.

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer
chibi@xxxxxxx           Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications