Re: Should I use different pool?

Yes you should definitely create different pools for different HDD types. Another decision you need to make is whether you want dedicated nodes for SSD or want to mix them in the same node. You need to ensure you have sufficient CPU and fat enough network links to get the most out of your SSD's.

You can add multiple data pools to Cephfs so if you can identify the hot and cold data in your dataset you could do "manual" tiering as an alternative to using a cache tier.

18TB is a relatively small capacity, have you considered an all-SSD cluster?