Re: failing to respond to cache pressure

Yes, I use the fuse client because the kernel client isn't happy with selinux settings.
I have experienced the same symptoms with both clients, however.

Yes, the clients that had nothing were merely mounted and nothing, not even an 'ls' was done on the filesystem. I did do 'df' on some of the clients, but all of them ended up with the message.
"let it clear" for me was to wait until I saw "HEALTH_OK"
When the messages show up, I notice my io write speed line stops showing up when I do 'ceph -s'. I am assuming there is little to no writes going on and see no progress on the rsync command, so I stop it, unmount cephFS and wait.

As far as layout, I do have a bit of a uniq setup in that my osds are served via SRP over infiniband from a DDN system. They are also multipathed. I currently only have 4 nodes that I map 4 OSDs to each one. The nodes are pretty beefy and I can (and have) increased the inode_max to (temporarily) alleviate the cache pressure messages.

I will be rebuilding the entire filesystem tomorrow with the latest (10.2.1) at which point I will be starting the rsync job again and watching what happens.
If there is anything in particular you think I should keep an eye out for, please let me know and I will collect data where I can.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California