Re: RadosGW - Problems running the S3 and SWIFT API at the same time

> While I'm usually not fond of blaming the client application, this is
> really the swift command line tool issue. It tries to be smart by
> comparing the md5sum of the object's content with the object's etag,
> and it breaks with multipart objects. Multipart objects is calculated
> differently (md5sum of the md5sum of each part). I think the swift
> tool has a special handling for swift large objects (which are not the
> same as s3 multipart objects), so that's why it works in that specific
> use case.

Well but I tried also with rclone and I have the same issue.

Clients I tried
rclone (both SWIFT and S3)
s3cmd (S3)
python-swiftclient (SWIFT).

I can reproduce the issue with different clients.
Once a multipart object is uploaded via S3 (with rclone or s3cmd) I
cannot read it anymore via SWIFT (either with rclone or
pythonswift-client).

Are you saying that all SWIFT clients implementations are wrong ?

Or should the radosgw be configured with only 1 API active ?

Saverio