Re: Ceph rdb question about possibilities

This is somewhat confusing.

CephFS is a shared filesystem - you mount that on N hosts and they can access the data simultaneously.
RBD is a block device, this block device can be accesses from more than 1 host, BUT you need to use a cluster aware filesystem (such as GFS2, OCFS).

Both CephFS and RBD use RADOS as a backend, which is responsible for data placement, high-availability and so on.

If you explain your scenario more we could suggest some options - do you really need to have the data accessible on more servers, or is a (short) outage acceptable when one server goes down? What type of data do you need to share and how will the data be accessed?

Jan