Re: How-to doc: hosting a static website on radosgw

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:08:36AM +0100, Florian Haas wrote:
> Agreed, but you don't necessarily need haproxy to do load balancing
> (round-robin DNS CNAME with short TTLs is another option), and Wido
> started the discussion around an option to ditch HAProxy for radosgw
> altogether. ;)
There's a long way to go before that's possible:
- per-bucket SSL certs, lots and lots of them
- overriding HSTS/CORS on a per-origin basis (we use it to inject CORS
  rules on a specific Origin and give users a nice panel regardless of
  what rules they set) [* this might make a good RGW feature]
- being more responsive to load / pushing certain buckets to a specific
  RGW, even when using non-subdomain 'Ordinary' calling formats.
  [hard to do in DNS load balancing]

> Neat, that's helpful. Minor suggestion: in your section on client
> support, you might want to add that s3cmd supports setting CORS rules
> since version 1.6.0 (s3cmd setcors rules.xml s3://bucketname).
Thanks, added to that documentation.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee