Re: How-to doc: hosting a static website on radosgw

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub
<yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Florian Haas <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Were you aware of this work going on:
>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/wip-static-website
>>>
>>> This might be in the RADOS Gateway soon and then you don't need HAProxy
>>> anymore.
>>
>> The moment this lands in a release, we'll be more than happy to ditch
>> the HAProxy request/response mangling bits. But that WIP branch hasn't
>> seen commits in 4 months, so we took it as an exercise in coming up
>
> Here's a more up-to-date branch:
>
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/wip-rgw-static-website-yehuda
>
> We're currently testing it, and the plan is to get it in before jewel.
> One caveat though, the error page handling still has some issues so at
> the moment so the feature will be disabled by default for now.

Hey, slick. Thanks! Out of curiosity, does the wip branch correctly
handle Accept-Encoding: gzip?

By the way, Yehuda, there's one other S3 API feature that we needed in
a different context, which is largely undocumented but works really
nicely, and that's setting CORS rules on buckets. So thanks for that,
too. :)

Cheers,
Florian