Re: SSD OSDs - more Cores or more GHz

The OSD is able to use more than one core to do the work, so increasing the number of cores will increase throughput.
However, if you care about latency then that is always tied to speed=frequency.

If the question was "should I get 40GHz in 8 cores or in 16 cores" then the answer will always be "in 8 cores".
However, higher freq. CPUs are much pricies than a lower ticking onec with more cores,
so you will get a higher "throughput" for less $ if you scale the cores and not the frequency.

If you need to run more OSDs on one host than the number of cores this gets a bit tricky, because of NUMA and
linux scheduler that you should tune. If the number of OSDs is small enough I would always prefer the faster (frequency)
CPU over a lower one.

Jan