Re: SSD OSDs - more Cores or more GHz

This is very true, but do you actually exclusively pin the cores to the OSD daemons so they don't interfere?
I don't think may people do that, it wouldn't work with more than a handful of OSDs.
The OSD might typicaly only need <100% of one core, but during startup or some reshuffling it's beneficial
to allow it to get more (>400%), and that will interfere with whatever else was pinned there...

Jan