Re: Infernalis upgrade breaks when journal on separate partition

If you are not booting from the GPT disk, you don't need the EFI
partition (or any special boot partition). The required backup FAT is
usually put at the end where there is usually some free space anyway.
It has been a long time since I've converted from MBR to GPT, but it
didn't require any resizing that I remember. I'd test it in a VM or
similar to make sure you understand the process. You will also have to
manually add the Ceph Journal UUID to the partition after the
conversion for it to all work automatically.
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1