Re: Infernalis upgrade breaks when journal on separate partition

On 16/01/16 05:39, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> If you are not booting from the GPT disk, you don't need the EFI
> partition (or any special boot partition). The required backup FAT is
> usually put at the end where there is usually some free space anyway.
> It has been a long time since I've converted from MBR to GPT, but it
> didn't require any resizing that I remember. I'd test it in a VM or
> similar to make sure you understand the process. You will also have to
> manually add the Ceph Journal UUID to the partition after the
> conversion for it to all work automatically.
> ----------------
> Robert LeBlanc
> PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1

Yeah, I am actually booting from this disk.  The machine has 3 drives:
two 3TB HDDs and one 60GB SSD.

The SSD is split up into thirds, with one third being the OS (and /boot)
and the rest are two journal partitions for the two OSD disks.

The two OSDs are on the first two SATA slots (these are the fastest ones
on this particular motherboard) with the boot disk on the third slot;
thus seen as /dev/sdc.

There's boot firmware to consider as well, pretty sure it's a switch in
the BIOS to switch between UEFI and legacy mode, and UEFI is required
for booting GPT.
--
     _ ___             Stuart Longland - Systems Engineer
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619