Re: Infernalis upgrade breaks when journal on separate partition

On 1/10/16, 2:26 PM, "ceph-users on behalf of Stuart Longland"
<ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of stuartl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 05/01/16 07:52, Stuart Longland wrote:
>>> I ran into this same issue, and found that a reboot ended up setting
>>>the
>>>/lib/udev/rules.d/95-ceph-osd.rules
>> Ahh okay, good-o, so a reboot should be fine.  I guess adding chown-ing
>> of journal files would be a good idea (maybe it's version specific, but
>> chown -R did not follow the symlink and change ownership for me).
>
>Well, it seems I spoke to soon.  Not sure what logic the udev rules use
>to identify ceph journals, but it doesn't seem to pick up on the
>journals in our case as after a reboot, those partitions are owned by
>root:disk with permissions 0660.

This is handled by the UUIDs of the GPT partitions, and since you're using
MS-DOS
partition tables it won't work correctly.  I would recommend switching to
GPT
partition tables if you can.

Bryan