Re: CephFS file to rados object mapping

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Greg.

On 09/10/2015 04:11, Gregory Farnum wrote:

> The size of the on-disk file didn't match the OSD's record of the
> object size, so it rejected it. This works for that kind of gross
> change, but it won't catch stuff like a partial overwrite or loss of
> data within a file.

Ok, however during my tests I had been careful to replace the correct
file by a bad file with *exactly* the same size (the content of the
file was just a little string and I have changed it by a string with
exactly the same size). I had been careful to undo the mtime update
too (I had restore the mtime of the file before the change). Despite
this, the "repair" command worked well. Tested twice: 1. with the change
on the primary OSD and 2. on the secondary OSD. And I was surprised
because I though the test 1. (in primary OSD) will fail.

Greg, if I understand you well, I shouldn't have too much confidence in
the "ceph pg repair" command, is it correct?

But, if yes, what is the good way to repair a PG?

--
François Lafont