Re: Ceph Storage Cluster on Amazon EC2 across different regions

Hello,

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:21:00 +0200 Raluca Halalai wrote:

> In my understanding, the deployment you suggested (local Ceph clusters +
> Rados Gateways) would imply giving up strong consistency guarantees. In
> that case, it is not what we are aiming for.

Indeed, there is another planned project to replicate Ceph clusters on a
RBD level (not rados-gw), but with similar constraints.
Personally, I'd be happy with a slightly lagging replication like that.

A WAN storage without quantum entanglement data links will always be
slower than what most Ceph users are able to accept.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/