Re: Ceph Storage Cluster on Amazon EC2 across different regions

In my understanding, the deployment you suggested (local Ceph clusters + Rados Gateways) would imply giving up strong consistency guarantees. In that case, it is not what we are aiming for.

Thank you for your replies.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Robert Sander <r.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29.09.2015 09:54, Raluca Halalai wrote:
>     What do you want to prove with such a setup?
>

> It's for research purposes. We are trying different storage systems in a
> WAN environment.

Then Ceph can be ticked off the list of candidates.
Its purpose is not to be a WAN storage system.

It would be different if you setup local Ceph clusters and have Rados
Gateways (S3 Interfaces) interact with them (geo replication with the
radosgw agent).

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,

Raluca