Re: any recommendation of using EnhanceIO?

Agreed, it's such a shame that there isn't a simple, reliable and maintained caching solution out there for Linux. When I started seeing all these projects spring up 5-6 years ago I was full of optimism, but we still don't have anything I would call fully usable.