Re: RADOS + deep scrubbing performance issues in production environment

All IO drops to ZERO IOPS for 1-15 minutes during the deep-scrub on my cluster. There is clearly a locking bug!

I have VMs - every day, several times, sometime on all of them disk IO _completely_ stops. Disk queue is growing, 0 IOPS are performed, services are dying with timeouts... At the same time the CEPH (where the VM images are stored) is doing a deep scrub. No fiddling with priorities and number of different threads are helping. Actually, making the scrub slower makes those delays longer - so there is clearly a bug with locking.

I am experiencing this for two years already, since then we tried everything and upgraded our cluster several times! Nothing helps!