Re: RADOS + deep scrubbing performance issues in production environment

+ceph-users.

Does anybody have the similar experience of scrubbing / deep-scrubbing?

Thanks,
Guang

On Jan 29, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Guang <yguang11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Glad to see there are some discussion around scrubbing / deep-scrubbing.

We are experiencing the same that scrubbing could affect latency quite a bit and so far I found two slow patterns (dump_historic_ops)1) waiting from being dispatched 2) waiting in the op working queue to be fetched by an available op thread. For the first slow pattern, it looks like there is lock (as dispatcher stop working for 2 seconds and then resume, same for scrubber thread), that needs further investigation. For the second slow pattern, as scrubbing brings more ops (for scrubbing check), that make the op thread's work load increase (client op has a lower priority), I think that could be improved by increasing the op thread number, I will confirm this analysis by adding more op threads and turn on scrubbing on OSD basis.

Does the above observation and analysis make sense?

Thanks,
Guang