Re: OSD trashed by simple reboot (Debian Jessie, systemd?)

Hello,

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:33:46 +1200 Mark Kirkwood wrote:

Well, whatever it is, I appear to not be the only one after all:

> Looking quickly at the relevant code:
>
> FileJournal::stop_writer() in src/os/FileJpurnal.cc
>
> I see that we didn't start seeing the (original) issue until changes in
> 0.83, which suggests that 0.80 tree might not be doing the same thing.
> *However* I note that I'm not happy with the placement of the two thread
> join operations in there - it *looks* to me like 0.80 could in fact be
> vulnerable to the same journal corrupting problem, so if it occurs again
> might be interesting to apply the gist of
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/2764 and see if it helps (ahem - of
> course would be best if this was on a test system)!

Alas this is neither a test cluster, nor do I have things set up to compile
from source here ATM.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/