Re: OSD trashed by simple reboot (Debian Jessie, systemd?)

Looking quickly at the relevant code:

FileJournal::stop_writer() in src/os/FileJpurnal.cc

I see that we didn't start seeing the (original) issue until changes in 0.83, which suggests that 0.80 tree might not be doing the same thing. *However* I note that I'm not happy with the placement of the two thread join operations in there - it *looks* to me like 0.80 could in fact be vulnerable to the same journal corrupting problem, so if it occurs again might be interesting to apply the gist of https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/2764 and see if it helps (ahem - of course would be best if this was on a test system)!

Cheers

Mark