Re: Cisco UCS Blades as MONs? Pros cons ...?

I have 42 OSDs on 6 servers. I'm planning to double that this quarter by adding 6 more servers to get to 84 OSDs.

I have 3 monitor VMs. Two of them are running on two different blades in the same chassis, but their networking is on different fabrics. The third one is on a blade in a different chassis.

My monitor VM cpu, memory and disk io load is very small, as in nearly idle. The VM images are on local 10k disks on the blade. They share the disks with a few other low IO VMs.

I've read that the monitors can get busy and need a lot of IO, where it justifies using SSDs. I imagine those must be very large clusters with at least hundreds of OSDs.

Jake