Re: Cisco UCS Blades as MONs? Pros cons ...?

Hello,

I'm not familiar with Cisco UCS gear (can you cite exact models?),
but somehow the thought of buying compute gear from Cisco makes me think of
having too much money or very steep discounts. ^o^

That said, I presume the chassis those blades are in have redundancy in
terms of PSUs (we always have at least 2 independent power circuits per
rack) and outside connectivity.
So from where I'm standing (I have deployed plenty of SuperMicro
MicroCloud chassis/blades) I'd consider the blade a PoF and be done.

What I would do (remembering the scale of your planned deployment) is to
go with one dedicated MON that will be the primary (lowest IP) 99.8% of
the time and 4 OSDs with MONs on them. If you want to feel extra good
about this, give those OSDs a bit more CPU/RAM and most of all fast SSDs
for the OS (/var/lib/ceph).

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/