Re: Cisco UCS Blades as MONs? Pros cons ...?

Hi Christian,

currently we do get good discounts as an University and the bundles were
worth it.

The chassis do have multiple PSUs and n 10Gb Ports (40Gb is possible).
The switch connection is redundant.

Cuurrently we think of 10 SATA OSD nodes + x SSD Cache Pool Nodes and 5
MONs. For a start.

The main focus with the blaids would be spacesaving in the rack. Till
now I dont have any prize, but that woucld count to in our decision :)

	Thanks and regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt