From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Pavel V. Kaygorodov
Sent: 12. toukokuuta 2015 20:41
To: ceph-users
Subject:  RBD images -- parent snapshot missing (help!)

Hi!

I have an RBD image (in pool "volumes"), made by openstack from parent image
(in pool "images").
Recently, I have tried to decrease number of PG-s, to avoid new Hammer
warning.
I have copied pool "images" to another pool, deleted original pool and
renamed new pool to "images". Ceph allowed me to do this without any
warning.
But, after a some time my VM-s was stopped and cannot be started again,
because they cannot open volumes, which had parent snapshots on "images"
pool.
I have an original image unchanged, I can made a snapshot if it was not
copied by "radios cppool", but RBD images linked to parent snapshot on pool
with old ID, now this pool has new ID.
So, I need to change the link to parent snapshot for RBD images, or change
pool id of "images" to old one.
How to do this?

Help, please!

Pavel.