Re: Shadow Files

From: "Daniel Hoffman" <daniel.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub" <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ben" <b@benjackson.email>, "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:03:22 PM
Subject: Re: Shadow Files

Any updates on when this is going to be released?

Daniel

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, so it seems. The librados::nobjects_begin() call expects at least a Hammer (0.94) backend. Probably need to add a try/catch there to catch this issue, and maybe see if using a different api would be better compatible with older backends.

Yehuda
I cleaned up the commits a bit, but it needs to be reviewed, and it'll be nice to get some more testing to it before it goes on an official release. There's still the issue of running it against a firefly backend. I looked at backporting it to firefly, but it's not going to be a trivial work, so I think the better time usage would be to get the hammer one to work against a firefly backend. There are some librados api quirks that we need to flush out first.

Yehuda